LADIESWEAR AND SALE SHOP DEPUTY HEADS OF DEPARTMENT – 2 POSITIONS
We have a unique opportunity for accomplished Managers or experienced Supervisors in continuing the pursuit of excellence in customer service that is required in our highly prestigious Ladieswear Department and The Sale Shop Department here at The House of Bruar.
Our Ladies Textile Halls offer both country clothing and fashion brands with a department turnover of 3.6 million per year and an experienced team of 30. With a keen eye for current trends combined with a lasting appreciation for classic rural style, we have put together an extensive collection of women’s attire that embodies fine country living at its best. From traditional tweeds to luxury cashmere, practical gilets to extravagant occasion wear, our ladies clothing collections really do have something for everyone.
Working with luxury brands and products, our aim is to deliver the best textile range, visual merchandising and overall customer experience that Scotland has to offer.
- Maintaining our visually inspiring in-store and window displays to reflect the company brand and reputation.
- To undertake tasks from various stakeholders in an effective and timely manner.
- To passionately promote and drive the brand image through extensive product knowledge.
- Assist in creating a positive working environment for the team and customers.
- Supporting The Head of Department through day-to-day management and task delegation to the team whilst sharing best practice.
- Understanding department revenue targets and consistently striving to achieve them.
- Liaising with Warehouse and Buyers in managing stock movements.
- Motivating and training the team to deliver excellent customer service.
- Assist with facilitating morning meetings, team briefs and training sessions.
- Communicating daily targets to team and setting objectives.
- Handing all customer queries, complaints and returns in a professional and efficient manner.
- Engage the Team to ensure they are working to the highest standards and meeting sale targets.
- Identify training needs within the team.
- Ensure every member of the team is inducted via the induction process.
- Manage the teams housekeeping agenda ensuring the department and surrounding areas are immaculate and clean at all times.
- Customer Service Expectations - ensure all team members deliver the highest retail standards in sizing, folding and ticketing. Manage stock volume and placement.
- Ensure the Mail Order process is in line with company policy, handling mail order telephone enquiries, helping with sizing, checking mail order picks are completed fully and on time.
- Ensure all team members follow company policies and procedures for recycling and waste.
Health and Safety
- To manage and maintain a safe working environment ensuring all Team members are trained in all health and safety guidelines such as fire safety policy.
What we’re looking for
- Management experience within the retail industry.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Demonstration of a good understanding of product seasonality.
- Experience of supervising, motivating and leading a team.
Who we need
- A Customer Service Ambassador.
- Collaborative, flexible and reliable approach to work.
- The ability to support a rapidly changing programme.
- An interest in visual displays, with a creative flair.
- A positive attitude with approachable manner.
In return we offer competitive pay rates and excellent employee benefits. Only candidates with experience in a similar environment will be considered. Please apply by email to Clare Harget, Human Resources Manager on email@example.com or in writing to The House of Bruar, By Blair Atholl, Perthshire, PH18 5TW, enclosing a copy of your CV and covering letter.