An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Personal Assistant to support the Chairman and Directors within The House of Bruar.
This role provides a real challenge as no two days are ever the same. The role is a full time, permanent, office based position, Monday to Friday working office hours, although flexibility is required. We are considering all levels of experience and this position may lead to other Management opportunities.
- Diary management support to the Chairman and Managing Director ensuring accuracy and effective communication.
- Organisation of all travel arrangements for the Chairman, Directors, Buyers and Company representatives, including domestic and international flights ensuring timely, accurate and a cost effective approach.
- The receiving of calls, following up external enquiries, action incoming mail and distributing accordingly.
- The co-ordination of weekly and monthly reports for the Chairman, Directors and Senior Management Team.
- Producing accurate minutes for meetings and distributing with action points accordingly.
- Drafting customer correspondence on behalf of the Managing Director.
- Organisation of seasonal events for the Managing Director, and ad hoc employee events when required.
- Arranging catering requirements for meetings.
- Supporting the Managing Director on the monthly payroll and holiday schedules using Microsoft Office packages.
- Supporting the Managing Director with Account Manager responsibilities, product code set up and the inputting of purchase orders. General support in Mail order operation also when required.
- Research and project work, analysing data for any new or existing projects within the business.
What we’re looking for:
The ideal candidate will demonstrate resilience with ability, integrity and a willingness to take on a wide variety of tasks. Whilst the role is within office hours, a flexible approach to a working day may be required due to the needs of the business.
- Evidenced experience of providing support to Director and Senior Management level.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with a high attention to detail.
- Experience of working efficiently in a demanding environment and delivering to strict deadlines and targets.
- Polished communication skills, an excellent understanding, both verbal and written of the English language including grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work on your own initiative with integrity.
- Working with discretion and an understanding of confidentiality issues.
- A high level of confidence and experience of interacting with Senior Managers and colleagues.
- Excellent word processing and IT skills, including knowledge of a range of software packages; such as Microsoft Office.
- The ability to research, digest, analyse and present material clearly and concisely.
- Flexibility and adaptability, strong ability in multi tasking on a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines.
- The ability to prioritise tasks and delegate when necessary.
If you have the skills, are highly organised and able to achieve consistently high standards, then we would like to hear from you. In return we offer competitive pay rates and excellent staff benefits. Please apply by email to Clare Harget Human Resources Manager on [email protected] or in writing to The House of Bruar, By Blair Atholl, Perthshire, PH18 5TW, enclosing a copy of your CV and covering letter.